MoonCal is an Android app that displays calendar with moon phase.
Requires Android 3.0 and later.
This application is verified using an Android 5.0.2 device (Sony SO-03E with SGP321 ROM),
and an Android 5.1 emulator.
Version 9 (10-Dec-2016)
- Update in-app hyperlink URL to this website
- Android 7.1 SDK
Version 7 (16-Aug-2015)
- Use system theme color on Material design when using Android 5.0+
Version 6 (20-Oct-2014)
- Support Android 5.0 Lollipop behavior changes
Material theme on Android 5.0 devices
Version 5 (16-Aug-2014)
- Supported years extended to 1923-2037 on 32-bit platforms.
- Added a dialog to pick a month/year
- Labels for day of week are localized using system settings.
- Other minor bugfixes
Version 4 (21-Jul-2014)
- Includes binary modules for arm64-v8a, x86_64, mips64, armeabi-v7a, armeabi, x86 and mips (NDK R10 in use)
- Removed next/prev month menu items. Use gestures instead.
- A week can start on either Sunday or Monday. Use Settings to switch this.
- Use best representation of Year/Month based on locale settings (only on API>=19).
License: GPLv3. See
COPYING file in the source archive for details.
This app requests no permissions.
This compiled version includes binary for all platforms supported by Android NDK R10, including 64-bit ARM, x86_64 and mips64.
How to compile
Android NDK R10e is required to compile this program.
ndk-build script included in the Android NDK in the
- compile project in Eclipse
This program includes
phases.c included in
kdeplasma-addons-4.10.5 package from KDE, which was based on Christopher Osburn's work.
I am grateful to both the KDE project and Christopher Osburn for providing us with their excellent work.